DTI News

April 13, 2024
English हिन्दी

8-year-old girl dies after Smartphone explodes while watching videos online

Thiruvananthapuram: In a tragic incident, an 8-year-old girl named Adithya Sree lost her life after the smartphone she was using to watch videos online exploded. The incident occurred in Thrissur, Kerala on April 25, at around 10.30PM. Adithya Sree, a class 3 student and the daughter of a former member of Pazhayannur block panchayat Ashok Kumar and Soumya, was watching videos when the smartphone exploded in front of her face.

According to the report, the local police have registered a case and are currently investigating the incident. While the police have not officially disclosed details about the smartphone or the brand, reports suggest that it was a Redmi Note 5 Pro that exploded and caused the child’s death. The budget-friendly Redmi Note 5 Pro was launched in February 2018 and comes with a 4,000mAh battery.

The initial cause for the explosion is said to be overheating of the battery. There is currently very little information available about the condition of the old Redmi Note 5 Pro. News18 Tech reached out to Xiaomi for an official statement, and a Xiaomi India spokesperson said, “There are some reports that state this is a Redmi phone which is yet to be established, given the matter is currently being investigated.”

Xiaomi also expressed its condolences to the family and stated that it would provide support to them during this difficult time. “At Xiaomi India, customer safety is of utmost importance, and we take such matters extremely seriously. We stand with the family in this time of difficulty and hope to support them in any way possible. We will work with the authorities to determine the actual cause of the incident and will support them in any required manner,” the spokesperson added.

This tragic incident serves as a reminder of the importance of using electronic devices with caution, especially when it comes to children. It is crucial to ensure that all electronic devices are in good condition and are being used properly to prevent such accidents from occurring.

Top, Big Stories, Gadgets Tags:, , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.