Patna: The recent violent incidents in Bihar’s Sasaram and Nalanda have made headlines across the country. ADG Headquarters Jitendra Singh Gangwar provided an update on the situation on Monday, stating that there is now a peaceful environment in both regions. Adequate security forces have been deployed, and improvements are being seen in the law and order situation in Nalanda and Rohtas.
According to Gangwar, 15 FIRs have been registered and 130 people have been arrested in Nalanda, while 3 FIRs have been registered and 43 people have been arrested in Sasaram. To maintain peace, internet services have been suspended in both places until April 4, Tuesday. Gangwar also mentioned that schools, colleges, educational institutions, and business establishments will remain closed until April 4.
The FSL team reached Madrasa Azizia after the violence in Biharsharif’s Nalanda. The violence caused damage worth crores after stone-pelting on the Ram Navami procession in Bihar Sharif. CCTV footage has been used to investigate the incident, and cases of migration from both cities are also under investigation.
Earlier, a ruckus in two districts of Bihar during the Ramnamvi procession. Since then, a large number of police forces have been deployed at both the places. The ADG gave information about this matter. ADG Jitendra Singh Gangwar told that two SSB and one RAF company are camping in Sasaram. The incident took place on March 31 under Lahari police station of Nalanda. The cause of the incident seems to be criminal intent. On the migration issue after the violent incident, the ADG said that we are taking everyone’s statement. The migration is being investigated. Nothing has come to the fore.
There was news of an explosion in Sasaram, but Bihar Police investigated the matter and found that firecrackers had been burst outside a house. Gangwar assured that the situation is under control, and adequate measures have been taken to maintain peace in the affected areas.