PATNA: In a major reshuffle, the central government has changed the governors of many states of the country. President Draupadi Murmu has approved the appointment of several new governors. In this episode, Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar has become the new Governor of Bihar. Arlekar was earlier the Governor of Himachal Pradesh. Whereas Fagu Chauhan has been appointed as the Governor of Meghalaya.
The same Jharkhand Governor Ramesh Bais has been made the Governor of Maharashtra.
Former BJP MP and Tamil Nadu resident CP Radha Krishnan has been made the Governor of Jharkhand.
It is being told that the Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh Radha Krishna Mathur has also resigned. The President has also accepted his resignation.
In his place, the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh, Brigadier (Dr) BD Mishra has been given the responsibility as the Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh.
According to a statement issued by Rashtrapati Bhavan, new appointments have been made to the post of Governor in many states, according to the information, new Governors have been appointed in many places.
I. Change of states’s governors:-
1. Ramesh Bais – Maharashtra (New State), Jharkhand (Old State)
2. Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar – Bihar (New State), Himachal Pradesh (Old State)
3. Vishwa Bhushan Harichandan – Chhattisgarh (New State), Andhra Pradesh (Old State)
4. Ms. Anusaiya Uikey – Manipur (New State), Chhattisgarh (Old State)
5. La Ganesan – Nagaland (New State), Manipur (Old State)
6. Fagu Chauhan – Meghalaya (New State), Bihar (Old State)
7. Brigadier (Dr) BD Mishra – Ladakh (UT) (New State), Arunachal Pradesh (Old State)
II. newly appointed governor
1. CP Radha Krishna – Jharkhand
2. Justice (Retd) S Abdul Nazeer – Andhra Pradesh
3. Gulab Chand Kataria – Assam
4. Shiv Pratap Shukla – Himachal Pradesh
5. Laxman Prasad Acharya – Sikkim
6. Le. Jan (Retd) KT Parnaik – Arunachal Pradesh