Cabinet also approves bylaws to boost sports infrastructure
Patna. The Bihar Cabinet on Monday approved total of 12 agendas under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. After the meeting, the information about the decision taken by the government was given by S. Siddhartha, Additional Chief Secretary, Cabinet Secretariat Department.
According to the cabinet meeting, the Bihar government has announced to impose a ban on Single use plastic. The bill to be introduced in the House. Decision on introduction of Bill.
The banned items include earbuds, plastic sticks for balloons, flags, candies and ice cream, polystyrene (thermocol) products such as plates, cups and glasses, plastic spoons forks, knives, straws and stirrers, wrapping or packaging films and plastic or PVC banners less than 100 microns, said the additional chief secretary.
माननीय मुख्यमंत्री @NitishKumar की अध्यक्षता में कैबिनेट की बैठक में कुल 12 एजेंडों पर लगी मुहर। बैठक के बाद मीडियाकर्मियों को विस्तृत जानकारी देते मंत्रिमंडल सचिवालय विभाग के अपर मुख्य सचिव श्री एस. सिद्धार्थ। https://t.co/BGXEXqPzN9#BiharCabinetSecretariatDept— IPRD Bihar (@IPRD_Bihar) December 12, 2022
“Anyone found using single-use-plastic carry bags will be fined under the new provision,” he said.
Cabinet also approved bylaws for smooth functioning of the Bihar State Sports Authority (BSSA), which will also pave the way for formulation of the sports policy, said an official.
The government is making a bid to improve basic sports infrastructure to provide opportunities to young talented players in the state, Additional Chief Secretary (Cabinet Secretariat) S Siddharth told reporters after the Cabinet meeting.
“The BSSA will soon come out with a state-specific sports policy,” he said.
Important decisions of the cabinet
1. Approval for the scheme of 2 billion 55 crore 89 lakh 71 thousand for the installation of green center power sub-station in PMCH
2. Grant approved for the total possible expenditure of 98 crore 35 lakh on the operation and establishment of the temporary campus of Development Management Institute.
3. The limit of opportunities for government servants to appear in various competitive examinations has been increased. Now government servants will be given 5 chances instead of 3 separately.
4. Bihar Government’s initiative to increase the forest cover. Seal on administrative approval and expenditure of Rs. 115 crore 41 lakh.
5. Police line will be built in Gopalganj. Fund sanctioned for new building, furniture etc. for police station. 54 crore 97 lakh sanctioned for Gopalganj Police Center.
6. Out of 64 posts of High Court secretaries, ten posts have been approved for reorganization into bench secretaries.
7. Power grid will be made in PMCH. Green GREEN GIS Grid Sub Center. 132/33 KV grid will be installed. 255 crore rupees will be spent. The expenditure will be in the financial years of 2022 and 23. Vipard got Rs 98.45 crore. Amount given for running temporary campus.
8. Creation of posts in science and technology. Total 27 posts created. Creation of posts in Bhagalpur Polytechnic and Darbhanga Polytechnic College. Creation of total 18 posts in Darbhanga and 9 posts in Bhagalpur.
9.Bihar State Sports Authority Konkia Gaya Sugam. Stamp on draft bylaws for ease of use.
10. Single use plastic ban has taken the form of law. The bill will be introduced in the House. Decision on introduction of Bill. The bill will be presented in the House starting tomorrow. The amount of fine fixed for the use of single uses plastic. At present, the rule will be applicable in urban areas.
Besides, the Cabinet also approved a proposal to increase the number of attempts for appearing in different examinations of the Bihar Public Service Commission for serving state government employees from three to five, said the official.